POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kingdom (252k jpeg) : Re: Kingdom (252k jpeg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kingdom (252k jpeg)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 2 Jul 2008 14:10:00
Message: <web.486bc31f3b3e15e185de7b680@news.povray.org>
stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Cousin Ricky wrote:
> >
> > Seated Buddha, right of center.
> > Fertility goddess with an apron full of fruit, slightly above center.
> > 17th century European queen, left of center.
> > Another European queen, at 10 o'clock.
> > European king showing off his dark cape, at 2 o'clock.
> > Bishop holding the communion wafer over his head, 3 o'clock.
> > African twin ladies, 5 'oclock.
> > Twin African princesses, 5:30.
> > Faces, stained glass windows, and bishops' miters everywhere!
> >

> That's why I named it "Kingdom." :) Could my choice for a name have
> influenced what you saw?
>
> Sam

Well, if you'd named it "Satori," i might have seen more Buddhas and fewer
queens, but overall kings and queens would still have been in the mix.  My
first impression was of an eastern tapestry, with the ornate baroque character
coming out only after poring over the image for a while.

I was surprised that other people didn't see Buddhas.